When Do You Need an Asbestos Inspection in Sydney?
How can you know whether you need an asbestos inspection in Sydney? In all likelihood, you are familiar with asbestos and the considerable serious health risks that it poses. At Nadwie Asbestos Removal, we are proud to offer thorough asbestos inspections to homeowners and business owners throughout the Sydney area. If there is asbestos in your building, we can find it. What many prospective customers don’t know is whether there is any reason for them to have an asbestos inspection.
Key Questions to Ask Nadwie Asbestos Removal about Asbestos Identification in Sydney
If you are trying to determine whether you might benefit from arranging an asbestos check in Sydney, here are a few questions that you may want to discuss with our team at Nadwie Asbestos Removal:
- How common is asbestos? The good news is that, these days, asbestos isn’t common at all—in new construction projects, that is. Asbestos was banned in Australia entirely at the end of 2003, which means building companies can no longer use asbestos-containing materials (ACMs) in their construction projects. The bad news is that, up through the mid-1980s, Australia had ‘one of the highest rates of asbestos use per person in the world,’ per the Australian Government’s Asbestos Safety and Eradication Agency.
- Should I be concerned about asbestos? According to the Asbestos Safety and Eradication Agency, Australia imported 1.5 million tonnes of asbestos from 1930 to 1983. In addition, asbestos was mined domestically until 1984. As a result, virtually any home or commercial building constructed before 1990 likely contains at least some asbestos. It is worth having an asbestos survey in Sydney if your building dates back to this time—though, any building constructed before the 2003 ban is technically at risk of having asbestos.
- What is the difference between friable and nonfriable asbestos? In addition to surveying, we can also perform asbestos identification in Sydney. When ACMs are found in your building, the most important detail to know is whether it is friable or nonfriable. Friable asbestos is an ACM that can easily be crumbled. Nonfriable asbestos is more durable, such as asbestos mixed in with cement. Friable asbestos is more dangerous because 1) it can easily release fibres into the air, where they can be inhaled, and 2) removing it is a very delicate process.
What You Can Expect from Nadwie Asbestos Removal Regarding Asbestos Inspection in Sydney
When you hire Nadwie Asbestos Removal for your asbestos check in Sydney, you can expect a thorough process and quality results, including:
- A building-spanning survey. Be it a small house, a multi-story office building or a sprawling commercial warehouse, you can count on us to carry out a comprehensive asbestos survey on your property. No job is too big or too small.
- Nonfriable asbestos removal. If our asbestos check finds nonfriable asbestos on your property, we can make a plan to remove it. Removing friable asbestos requires a higher license, but we can recommend next steps if this is the outcome of our inspection.
- Safe results. Whether it’s a survey aimed at asbestos identification in Sydney or a full removal project, know that we always follow a detailed asbestos safety checklist to ensure we are carrying out all work in a way that won’t jeopardise your property or health.
Why You Should use Nadwie Asbestos Removal
With more than 30 years of experience and satisfied customers, you can rely on our team to provide an effective and thorough asbestos inspection in Sydney. Contact us today to learn more.